Thursday 25 September 2014

The One Piece Of Advice Ed Sheeran Got From Taylor Swift, Pharrell And Chris Martin

Ed Sheeran performs on stage at the V Festival in Hylands Park on August 16, 2014 in Chelmsford, United Kingdom.

As his career was taking off, Ed Sheeran said he kept getting the same advice over and over again from some of the biggest music stars, including Taylor Swift and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.

"Taylor himself told me was the same Pharrell said, as Chris Martin said the same thing: the constant humility, constantly evolving and being a sponge, absorbing their influences," Sheeran told ABC News' Juju Chang in an interview for "Nightline."


    

The 23-year-old British singer "Sing" has done well taking that advice seriously, pulling influences from two iconic British, Paul McCartney and Elton John, in his approach to music.
"Elton John is one who has done everything right in his career, and all evil in his career," Sheeran said. "He made so many mistakes that could speak freely and that is good advice."

Sheeran has rapidly evolved from just a guy with a guitar opening Taylor Swift and sale outside of the City of New York Madison Square Garden as a solo act, not once, but three times.

Sheeran said he is much happier when headlining his own show.

"I really do not think there's pressure when people come to see you because they want to be entertained," he said. "They are not expecting to be impressed. Come to be like, 'We like your music, we play for us,' instead of 'have never heard of you, show us what you can do.' "

He departed for being blatantly honest in his music, writing very personal lyrics, some of which, like their songs "Lego House" and "don'ts" are about relationships and heartbreak.

"I think it's good to get something positive out of a bad situation," Sheeran said. "I would say that's the way I look.'m Not trying to be bitter in any way. I just wanted to get something good out of that situation."

Despite his messy red hair and colorful tattoos covering his arms, Sheeran is kind of a humble "un-rock star", focused more on the new musical production of his image, which makes it even more attractive for fans. People magazine named Sheeran on the list of "Sexiest Man Alive" in 2013, but the singer-songwriter is even shook it.

"I've never seen as a symbol, and I think if I did not play music that nobody else [see me that way] either," Sheeran said. "We were attracted to people who are good at things. So being in that thing People magazine is very flattering because it means that people think I'm good at my job. But I would never say that I'm a sex symbol."

No comments:

Post a Comment